How To Choose Lasik Surgeon?
- Review the surgeons. The most important factor in choosing where to have your LASIK treatment performed is the quality of the doctors who are currently practicing at the clinic. Don’t just go off of a clinic’s advertising, or overall reviews— investigate the actual doctors who may be performing your LASIK eye surgery. Ask for a list of current surgeons at clinics in your area, and inquire as to their experience, accreditations, and awards.
- Keep an eye out for the newest, and best technology. LASIK eye surgery is constantly advancing, and the best clinics keep up with those improvements. Find out what technologies are being used at the clinics in your area, and consider having your LASIK procedure at the clinic with the latest, most advanced technology.
- Find out what types of LASIK procedures a clinic performs. Frequently, the best choice of clinic is one that offers the largest amount of types of LASIK procedures. In order to be certain to get the best treatment for your particular case, it is important that the clinic you choose offers the broadest possible range of LASIK treatment.
- Research in person. Limiting your assessment of a clinic to what you can learn in print, online, or even on the phone with them, puts you at a disadvantage. It is important to actually go to the clinic you are considering in order to see their facilities, and meet their staff. All too often, patients rely on information they do not get firsthand, and choose a second-rate clinic as a result.
- Avoid clinics that advertise unrealistic rates and gimmicks. It is very common to come across an offer for LASIK eye surgery that seems too good to be true. This is almost always because it is too good to be true. Be wary of clinics that offer outlandish discounts.
What are the three most important questions you must ask your lasik surgeon prior to starting the treatment?